Lyceum Home Lyceum Library Education History
Advice to Beginning Students

There are two ways to study parapsychology in an academic setting: (1) obtain an advanced degree in a related area, and once established in that field, study parapsychology “on the side”; or (2) study parapsychology at a university with a formal program or a record of encouraging students to do independent research.

In the U.S.A., students can minor in parapsychology through the Psychology Department of Franklin Pierce College in New Hampshire. Saybrook Graduate School, and the Institute for Transpersonal Psychology in California offer advanced degrees in psychology that can include parapsychology. In the U.K., the psychology faculties of University College Northampton, University of Hertfordshire in Hatfield, Goldsmiths College in London, Liverpool Hope and Liverpool John Moores Universities, Coventry University and the University of Edinburgh offer both undergraduate modules in parapsychology and doctoral degrees that can include parapsychological research. Note that these are psychology, not parapsychology degrees. (To find offerings in parapsychology, put the words parapsychology or anomalous into the university’s search engine.)

Another useful resource is the Rhine Research Center’s Summer Study program. This provides students with many lectures on parapsychological topics presented by workers in the field.



Parapsychology Foundation
PO Box 1562  |  New York, NY, 10021
Phone (212)-628-1550  |  Fax (212)-628-1559

Email with comments or questions.

Copyright © 1999-2015 Parapsychology Foundation. All rights reserved.

www. parapsychology. org